Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Life After School

So I thought that I would have so much time once I graduated but that hasn't happened yet!!!  I have been really busy with soccer lately, I play on a bunch of teams, as well as coaching which takes up a lot of time. Well, after graduation, Chris really wanted to get away for a couple days so we headed down to Vegas with our friends Sean and Ariel.  We stayed at the JW Marriott which was way nice and we pretty much just layed out by the pool and relaxed.  Unfortunately, I fried my stomach and was in pain the last part of our trip!  We had a lot of fun, but didn't really take any pictures.  Here is a picture of the pool though:


This last Sunday my family went down to Gunnison to visit my Great Grandma Nielsen.  She is such an amazing lady!!!  At 95 years old she is completely with it, she lives by herself and is able to pretty much do everything without help.  It has been a long time since I have been down there to visit her so the whole family decided to go down and have dinner with her.  While we were there we decided to go and see my Great Grandpa's old farm.  When he was alive, he made his living as a farmer.  Although the farm is no longer in the family, my Grandpa and Dad know the owner and he let us walk around and see   the old house and shed.  It was really neat to see some of my family history and hear the stories that my dad and grandpa remembered about growing up and spending time farming.  While Dad and Grandpa visited with the owner, us girls had some fun doing a photo shoot.

Chris loved the tractor

It was very windy!!!
The outhouse is still there!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment